BareFlame.net Knowledge Base
Viewing the List of Operations You Can Perform within Your Control Panel
To view the list of operations you can perform within your control panel, on your Home page, click the Permissions icon. The permissions for operations are listed as follows:
- Domain creation. Shows whether you can host new domain names/web sites on the server.
- Physical hosting management. Shows whether you can fully control hosting accounts for your web sites. If it says No, then you can only change FTP password for accessing your web spaces.
- Hosting performance settings management. Shows whether you can limit connections and bandwidth usage for your sites.
- PHP safe mode management. Shows whether you can switch the PHP safe mode off for your sites. By default, PHP is configured to operate in safe mode with functional restrictions. To learn more about PHP safe mode, refer to http://php.net/features.safe-mode. Some web applications may not work properly with safe mode enabled: If an application on a site fails due to safe mode, switch the safe mode off (or ask your provider to do this) by clearing the PHP 'safe_mode' on check box in the hosting account properties (Home > domain name > Setup icon in the Hosting group).
- Management of shell access to the server. Shows whether you can access the server shell and allow other users to do so.
- Hard disk quota assignment. Shows whether you can set up the hard quotas on disk space allocated to your sites.
- Subdomains management. Shows whether you can set up, modify and remove subdomains.
- Domain aliases management. Shows whether you can set up additional alternative domain names for your web sites.
- Log rotation management. Shows whether you can adjust the cleanup and recycling of processed log files for your site.
- Anonymous FTP management. Shows whether you can have an FTP directory where all users could download and upload files without the need to enter login and password. A web site should reside on a dedicated IP address in order to use anonymous FTP service.
- Task scheduling. Shows whether you can schedule tasks in the system. Scheduled tasks can be used for running scripts or utilities on schedule.
- DNS zone management. Shows whether you can manage the DNS zones of your domains.
- Java applications management. Shows whether you can install Java applications and applets on the web site through the control panel.
- Mailing lists management. Shows whether you can use mailing lists provided by the GNU Mailman software.
- Spam filter management. Shows whether you can use spam filter provided by the SpamAssassin software.
- Antivirus management. Shows whether you can use server-side antivirus protection for filtering incoming and outgoing mail.
- Backup and restore functions. Shows whether you can use the control panel's facilities to backup and restore your sites. Scheduled and on-demand backups are supported.
- User interface. Shows what type of Plesk control panel interface you can use - standard, desktop, or both.
- Desktop management. Shows whether you can customize and manage your desktop interface.
- Ability to use remote XML interface. Shows whether you can remotely manage Web sites through custom applications. The XML interface can be used for developing custom applications integrated with Web sites, which could be used, for instance, for automating setup of hosting accounts and provisioning of services for customers purchasing hosting services from your site. To learn more about using Plesk control panel's XML interface (also referred to as Plesk API RPC).
Tell us what you think!!
BareFlame.net Support Team Solution ID #1047
Last update: 2008-02-06 20:13 | Revision: 1.1